"For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." NKJV
Welcome to Restoration Worship Center. We have prepared this site especially for you, to acquaint you with the people and ministries of our church. We are continually working to provide ministires to meet the needs of our congregation and community.
This site briefly explains our mission, our vision, the way we worship, areas of ministry we are involved in, and many other items of interest about our church.
It is our prayer that our church and the fellowship of this body will be of significant value to you and your family. If you are without a church home, please consider making our church your home.
Finally, we invite you to call on us if we can serve you in any way. Our prayer is that God will richly bless you in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
Our Declaration of Faith
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth, are wrought by faith in the blood of Chirst.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In the speaking with other tongues as the spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Devine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord's Supper and the washing of the feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
We believe in the scriptural mandate for all christians to be baptized in water. We practice immersion of those old enough to make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ. If you would like to be baptized at our next baptismal service, please contact the Pastors.
Restoration Worship Center has a vision of proclaiming to the world, with our community supporting us, the restoring power of a resurrected Christ - Jesus our Lord. Our goals are to:
P rosper through evangelism
E quip believers for works of service
P erfect the gift of the believer
A ssimilate new members into the local church
R estore hope to the hopeless
E ncourage and build up the believer
Although we have already experienced many a great successes and victories, we are firmly convinced that the best is yet to come. We know that God has an even greater work for Restoration Worship Center and we stand ready to follow Him into the 21st century being obedient to His calling.
We believe that only through a sincere commitment to the cause of Christ and the Great Commission can we truly be all He has called us to be and become a restored believer.
Prov. 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish."
We are a Pentecostal, Full-Gospel church. As such, our worship is very charismatic and may be somewhat different from a more traditional worship style. To help give you a better understanding of our worship, we have listed several questions along with scriptures to explain:
- Why do we stand and sing?
"Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the Lord of Israel with voices loud and high."-- 2 Chronicles 20:19
- Why do we clap our hands?
"Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples!"-- Psalm 47:1
- Why do we lift our hands?
"Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in your name."-- Psalm 63:4
"Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord."-- Psalm 134:2
- Why do we have audible praise unto God?
"Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy Name!"-- Psalm 103:1
"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in his mouth."-- Psalm 34:1
- Why do we sing choruses as well as hymns?
"Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."-- Ephesians 5:19
- Why do we sing in tongues and English?
"For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing the spirit, and I will also sing with understanding."-- 1 Corinthians 14:14-15
- Why do we speak in unknown tongues and interpret?
"Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues."-- 1 Corinthians 14:39
"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all...To another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues."-- 1 Corinthians 12:7&10
"If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret."-- 1 Corinthians 14:27
- Why do we prophesy?
"Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy."-- 1 Corinthians 14:1
"But he who prosephies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he intreprets, that the church may receive edification."-- 1 Corinthians 14:3-5
- Why do we use musical instruments?
"Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance. Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes."-- Psalm 150:3-5
- Why does the entire church pray at once for needs?
"Is anyone among you sick?" Let him call for the elders of the church, let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up... The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."-- James 5:14-16
"So When they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said, "Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth..."-- Acts 4:24
- Why do we receive tithes and offerings?
"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this, says the Lord of Hosts, and see if I will not throw open for you the windows of heaven, and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it."-- Malachi 3:10
"Give and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."-- Luke 6:38